Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Day Before the BIG Day!

Well, it's officially Sunday. Which makes it officially one day before I become a Mommy. I'm going in tonight at 5 pm to get a cervidil which will soften my cervix and hopefully help me dilate some more. Then, Monday morning they will induce me. I don't think it's completely hit me that in 24 hours (give or take) I'm going to be a mom. Whoa! That's big! I'm feeling that "burst of energy" before the delivery...otherwise known as nesting. I'm doing laundry, cleaning the kitchen, and getting everything organized and ready for the hospital. I feel good. I feel calm. I'm pretty sure that on the way to the hospital that will change and I will realize that my life will forever be changed and I will have someone other than myself to think about from now on. I think I'm up for the challenge. God is good. He has provided for us in many ways and opened some doors for us and I can totally see His hand in all of it. I am thankful for my sweet husband who has been there for me every step of the way through this pregnancy. He has loved me through my good and bad times. I'm very lucky to be able to give my daughter the gift of a good father. I know not everyone has had that. I wanted to also thank you, my friends, for the love and support you have shown me over the last nine months. I am so thankful for such wonderful people in my life. Please know how much that means.

I wanted to let you know that Austin has created a twitter account just for this blessed event! He told me that once we get to the hospital he is comphiscating my phone and wants me to relax and not worry about keeping people informed (I am quite the texter). He said that he will update his twitter account to let everyone know what's going on. So, I wanted to leave you with that if you are interested in keeping up with the progress...however, I realize that everyone else has lots more important things to do! :0) I just wanted you to know it was there. I have never been on twitter, but here is the link. If you want, check it from time to time for updates.

I leave you now with my hubby's latest Facebook status that pretty much describes how we are getting ready for AB's arrival. I read it and immediately laughed and it made my heart smile. My husband's thoughts, according to Facebook:

"Austin Aldrich is "nesting" with the wife. It used to be called "cleaning," but now we're "nesting." '

He's so funny! Ok, well actually my crazy self is going to run to Whataburger at 12:30 am to get the hubby and I taquitos. Hey - we love us some Whataburger taquitos and I know the days of leaving at midnight whenever I want to do that are about to be very few and far between. Better take advantage of it the last night before she gets here. Again, thanks for all the prayers and keep 'em comin'.

Much love to all!!

-Jen :0)

No comments: