Monday, August 10, 2009

Doctor's Visit No. 14

*Sigh*...not a lot of progress at this appointment, either. However, she has dropped since last week and the doctor was able to feel her head better than she could the last two weeks, so that makes me feel a little better. The doc said that I will most likely go until my due date. She said, unless my water breaks before then, I'm in it for the long hall. Well as of today, the long hall is 11 days. Doesn't sound that far away, right??? Wrong! It sounds like forever! Ok, I'm being a little dramatic. It really doesn't sound that long, I'm just really anxious to meet my little Smelly Annabelly Noelly as her Daddy calls her. I'm pretty sure my nick-name for her will be "Belly", and then I'll probably shorten that to "B". I don't know, just a thought. I did gain 5 pounds since last week!!!!! But, I'm the most swollen I've ever been and most of that is water weight my doctor said - whew! So, August 21st or after is looking like when it's going to be. In some ways, I do hope she waits until my due date so I can go to Meet the Teacher night. I really feel like that will put the parents and kiddos at ease to have at least met their child's teacher. On the other hand, I don't particularly want to go into labor at Meet the Teacher. Oh well, we'll just have to wait and see. It was kinda cool today...Austin and I were talking to my sister-in-law and she was asking when the exact due date was, again...and I looked at her and said, "Next week." Austin and I both looked at eachother like, "Whoa!" Next week?!?! Really??!? So, it's kinda cool to think about it, but man, "next week" has never seemed so far away!

I'd still appreciate your prayers for a safe delivery and healthy baby. Since I've made my blog "private" I've had a lot of responses of those of you who keep up with the blog. It makes me feel so good to know I have such wonderful friends and a great support system. All of you are awesome!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I can't wait to meet the little princess! I must be on your call list or email list or whatever list to be notified! Coffee before she arrives?

Love you!
Nat