Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Doctor's Visit No. 15

So, I had high hopes for this Dr.'s appt. Afterall, I am 39 weeks and only five days away from my due date. Not to mention, I became "unplugged" on Saturday...catch my drift??? So, after that I figured that I had to be dilated to at least a two...maybe even a three?? Heck, why not four?? Anyway, I was feeling particularly optimistic for this appointment. I went in and after my exam, Dr. McC said, "Well, you're a one, BUT it's a very loose one, almost a two." (Blank stare and dead silence - from me). Excuse me? Did you say, "A one?!" For three weeks I've been a one?!?!? It took all I had not to cry. I refused to cry, however I wanted to. I guess I figured I'd being seing her sooner than my due date. She had other plans. So, we talked about it and Dr. McC is pretty confident I'll go to my due date. So, she decided not to torture me too much and induce me early Monday morning. She decided to bring me in Sunday night to do a cervidil (sp??) to soften the cervix and then induce me early Monday morning. I know that it was only a week away, but when you're crazy anxious to meet your baby....a week can seem like months! So, we set up the dates and everything, but before I left she wanted to take my blood pressure one more time since it was kinda high when I got there. This has happened before and by the time I had left it had gone down - not this time. My blood pressure stayed high. So, they ended up admitting me to labor and delivery. Dr. McC told me that after being monitored for an hour or so, plus having blood work done, and if it didn't go down and the blood work came back negative then they were going to "kick the baby out" is the way she put it. So, I learned from my prior experience to not get my hopes up and think I was going to get to see her on this day. After waiting around labor and delivery in a gorgeous gown (sarcasm) and starving for dinner, my blood pressure had returned to normal and my blood work was fine...they sent me home. It was nice to go home, actually. Lying there in that bed I started thinking of all the things I forgot at home and wanted to do, so I felt that I could go home and do them. So, this time next week we should have little Annabelle here. It's crazy to think about! I'm a little nervous about being induced. I was hoping it would just happen naturally, and I know it still could, but I just want everything to go smoothly. I'm just praying for a safe and healthy delivery to get this sweet angel here with little or no complications. Thank you for all of your prayers and support! I go back on Friday for one last appointment before the cervidil. Getting close! I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Here's a little hope that Annabelle could beat your inducement date: At what became my last OB appointment, I hadn't dialated or effaced. I was so disappointed. I wanted to discuss induction or c-section with him and talk dates. He said we would make those decisions next week bc I would for sure make it another week. I'm sure you know the ending - I did not make it another week. I went into labor on my own and the next time I saw my OB he was just making it in time to deliver my babies bc they came SO fast. So you never know :) But regardless - the end of your pregnancy is soo close! I'll keep you in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Sorry looks like I might have jinxed ya...My guess in the baby pool was the 25th... I think I was the closest!