Monday, May 10, 2010

Another Doctor's Visit

Ok, so...we've been calling the doctor's office a lot, lately. AB's allergies, or at least that's what we are thinking they are, have been non-stop. Then, a couple of Sunday's ago, we noticed this...

She developed this ugly rash on her back. The day before on Saturday, we had spent a good part of the afternoon in Rockwall, outside at this outdoor crafts, jewelry, etc...fair. So, I was thinking maybe a heat rash. I'd never seen one before, so I wasn't sure. Then, Austin looked up "pet allergy symptoms" online, because we're afraid she's allergic to Bella, our cat. One of the symptoms was developing a rash, along with the runny nose and everything else she's had. So, I jetted out of work and took her to the doctor so they could determine what kind of rash it was. Dr. Straughn was booked up that day, so we saw Dr. Liu, instead. AB really liked Dr. Liu, and I enjoyed the visit, too. What was the rash caused from? Ready for this? Heat rash mixed with irritation from the tag on her shirt. Yes, folks. I drove all the way to Medical City for Dr. Liu to tell me my child was red and peely from her tag on her shirt. That's a first-time mom for you. Anyway, Dr. Liu was really nice and told me not to feel silly, because obviously the rash couldn't be diagnosed without them seeing it. I snapped a few pics of AB in the waiting room. She loves the doctor. I dread the day when she doesn't, anymore.




We have yet, another, doctor's appointment tomorrow. Today, AB got sick and Andrea thinks it really has to do with her allergy issues. I called her doctor, and he said since the Claritin or Zyrtec isn't working, then it's probably not allergies. So, off we go to the doctor tomorrow. More pics to come...

1 comment:

Marci said...

Poor baby! Don't feel bad - I wouldn't have known either! So, you're thinking it's food allergies? Or no allergies now?