Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Fun Surprise!

It's really hard having your best friend live four and a half hours away from you. She's the closest thing I've ever had to a sister, and she lives so far. I'm not only that far from her, but from her sweet baby girl (soon to be, sweet baby girls!!). So, you can imagine my excitement when she called me on Friday evening, and asked if I could watch Audrey for an hour or so, while her and Evan hit the town! I can't think of a couple who are more deserving of a night or nights out on the town. They came into Dallas for Nicole's mom to watch Audrey for a couple of nights while they had a weekend get-a-way. Seeing that baby #2, Harper Marie Gooch, is on the way, weekend get-a-ways will be non-existent for a short period of time. She dropped Audrey off to me until her mom got home from work. I was SO excited! I love that girl! I'm pretty sure AB was even more excited than me. What do you think?

The girls played and played in AB's room for a while. AB hasn't ever had a friend over to play, I don't think. She hasn't been in the "playing" stage of life for too long, now. They had a lot of fun going through AB's toys and books!



I didn't tell Austin that Audrey was over! I wanted it to be a surprise to him, too. He's just as crazy about Audrey as I am. Here, he's trying to talk her into give him a smooch. I don't think she's buying it...


I got to see AB interact with Audrey and how she did with sharing. Eh...not too great. All these toys that AB has hardly ever had an interest in, she all of a sudden LOVED because Audrey had her hands on them. She wasn't too big on sharing - although, the girl hadn't napped. So this didn't help her case, any. I gave Audrey my phone because Nicole was telling me that she'll hold things up to her ear now and say, "Hello!". It was hard getting it away from AB to do this.

LOVE this one - she's saying, "Hello", here.

Shortly after these pictures was taken, AB had a melt down because I wouldn't give her the phone back. Is it too early for the terrible two's?


Audrey is going through the "bringing you everything she sees" stage. It was hilarious, she would bring Austin everything that she could get her hands on. He had a pile of stuff in his lap.




Love this sweet girl! I had such a fun time with her. She's going through a really cuddly time and wanted to be in my lap, and she'd let me just love on her! So sweet!

Me and my favorite girls (minus one more - Nicole.)

Yes, AB had reached her limit right about here. Very shortly after this, we put her down for a nap.

It was also WAY past Audrey's bedtime. After AB went down, I gave her, her paci and blanket. She immediately went to Austin with her hands up so that she could lay down. It was very sweet.

It was so much fun to get to spend sometime with this sweet girl. I love her so much! Can't wait for the summer to spend more time with them, both.

1 comment:

Marci said...

Aww, so special! Such cute little girls...I love baby playdates! And that one picture of AB crying is too cute - Audrey is looking at her with this look. Funny!