Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My First Mother's Day

Let me just say, that nothing could make my Mother's Day better than my sweet girl. I mean, I wouldn't have a purpose to celebrate Mother's Day for myself if it wasn't for her, obviously. It was a special weekend and I'm so proud and happy to be on the "mom" side of it this year. Saturday, Austin and I decided to have a date night and start the Mother's Day celebrations a little early. We went out to dinner Saturday night, and he gave me my wonderful Mother's Day presents. The first was a beautiful necklace with AB's birthstone in it (peridot). Then I opened up an envelope with a gift certificate to go get a mani and pedi! Whoo-hoo! I love my pedi's! Then he took me to dinner of my choice. I chose Olive Garden....I'm simple and it's one of my favs. The next morning, we got up to go to church, and we decided to go back to First Baptist, and boy, am I glad we did! Since Annabelle is crawling now, she's moved up Sunday School rooms and she's in Ms. Melissa's room. Hallelujah!!!! Melissa just happens to be one of my most favorite people in the whole world. I worked with Melissa for a couple of years when I was in college in this room. It was CRAZY to actually have my own baby in her Sunday School class. Crazy, but very special. When I picked her up, I got the best Mother's Day present I could ask for...sweet hand prints of my AB.


Who could ask for anything more than that! That Melissa, she's got a heart of gold! After church, we met my parents and my Granny at Carraba's for a yummy Mother's Day lunch. This was AB for the first part of lunch...

Sunday school always wears that girl out! Here's AB with two important Mother's in my life.

AB and Grammy

AB and GG
Grandpa, GG and Grammy with AB

Daddy, Mommy and AB (check out the look on her face - cracks me up!)

We LOVE our girl!

We just had to get in our famous kissing shot!

Best Mother's Day present EVER!



Snapped some quick pics in the car when we were leaving. Oh, how I love these two!


And...that's a wrap! Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Marci said...

What a special 1st Mother's Day you had!!! I LOVE the picture of her holding the paper of her handprints...precious!