Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Carlos the Caterpillar: The Larva Stage - Part 4

This past week, I was pretty sure that Carlos was going to make his chrysalis at any time. He was huge! So, as AB and I were in her room playing, I took the opportunity to get some last shots with AB and Carlos the caterpillar. I actually braved picking him up and I attempted to let AB touch him. I quickly decided that wasn't a good idea. She's not about touching, she's about grabbing! *Fun Fact* Monarch caterpillars curl up into a little "tortilla roll" as I call it, when they feel threatened. It's their defense mechanism. You can imagine how incredibly threatened Carlos felt, when AB's hand went straight for him. He survived, though - whew!

Tried to get a size comparison to AB's finger...didn't work.

So here he is compared to mine! Isn't he so big?

The picture is blurry because I wasn't as worried about the focus of the camera as I was AB killing Carlos!


We've really enjoyed watching Carlos grow! Any day now...

No comments: