Friday, May 18, 2012

Changes

It has become quite clear to me that since LC has been born, that this life is not about my plans, but His. I didn't plan on the extremely difficult pregnancy that I had. I didn't plan on LC having the issues that she has...but that was God's plan. If it were up to me, I would have the most smooth sailing of every situation. No worries. No cares. Just smooth sailing. It is abundantly clear that I have not been the best listener and, at times, didn't obey very well, either. God's perfect plan for me is becoming more and more clear everyday, and the peace I feel is comforting. I can take comfort in His plan. One of my favorite sayings or quotes is, "Don't worry about tomorrow. God is already there." Isn't that comforting? I feel sorry for people who don't have this peace or this knowledge.

I've had to be more open to the changes in my life. One of which I had been fighting for a couple of years. Next year, I will be at a different elementary school. I truly believe God has wanted me to make this exact change for the last couple of years. I have just conveniently ignored His plan. So, as of next year I will be teaching Kindergarten with a new awesome group of ladies at Whitt Elementary. The opportunity came about to teach there, and again, tried to fight it. I tried to argue with God this wasn't the place for me. It didn't work. I kept getting a "you know better" feeling in the pit of my stomach. I finally submitted to God's plan and took the job. I can't even begin to tell you the wonderful things that have come about since I obeyed this command. It's amazing. I'm so thankful to a God who loves me and wants the best for me, and more so, a forgiving God that can overlook my flaws...like not obeying. He is a God of second chances.

I'm grateful for this opportunity and I look forward to reconnecting with old friends, and making new ones. I've already been welcomed with open arms and so many words of encouragement. Thank the Lord for that. It is a little bittersweet for me. I have the most amazing team right now. I love those ladies and I love the relationships we've built over the last 5-6 years. I will miss them terribly. Good thing they're not too far away!

I'm not a big fan of change. I think this is why it's taken me so long to submit to God's plan. I see now that this change is for the better. Better for me. Better for my family. Better for other people who benefited from my leaving. It's all part of a perfect plan. I'm ready for a change, and I'm so thankful it is God-driven.

2 comments:

mom2twokiddos said...

This change is going to be a beautiful thing. Praise God for new beginnings! :)

Dewawn Wiest said...

This post makes my heart happy!