Monday, May 14, 2012

One Month Old

Sweet Landree Claire,

You are one month old. I've said it once, I'll say it a million times, I feel like the NICU stole the first month of your life from me. Instead of spending every single one of those days at home in your own bassinet and in the arms of Mommy and Daddy, you spent it in the small little bed on wheels that you were placed in the first day you were born. I'd hardly say it's a proper place for such an amazing little girl. *Sigh* That's the way it went, though. 

I've learned to try and be grateful for the trials in my life. One thing you being in the NICU did for me, was make me thankful for every single little second I had with you. I didn't take a second of it for granted...I still don't. I cherish everything about you. Every little thing.


Unlike your sister's one month post (two and a half years ago), this one won't be nearly as lengthy. That's only because I pretty much documented every single day of the first month of your life while you were in the NICU. So, to rehash that would be absolutely exhausting. What I will do, though, is let you know what life is like since you've been home. At this point, you've really only been home a little over a week. 

Life with you in it is wonderful. Absolutely wonderful. I look forward to waking up at 4 in the morning so I can put you in bed with Mommy and Daddy. Yes. I'm really bad about that this time around. With your sister, I absolutely refused to put her in bed with Daddy and I. It's different with you. There were times while you were in the NICU, I wondered if you would EVER COME HOME! Now that you're here, I don't hold as tight to those "ideas" of mine. I put you in bed with us and we snuggle! We snuggle until we both fall asleep.

Speaking of sleep, LC, you are a sleeper!! Woo-hoo!!! You are just like your Mommy, Daddy and Sister! All of us can sleep with the best of them, and you are no different. You've shocked us by already sleeping through the night. It started out at about four hours at a time. Then, you all of a sudden were sleeping six and a half to seven hours. Now, it's nearly eight. I know! I can hardly believe it myself! This makes for one VERY happy Mommy. 

Your sister is in love with you. I have to watch her very closely, though, because she likes to be a little mother and take matters into her own hands. Like the other day, you were in your bouncy seat while I was doing something in the kitchen (so my eye was on you two), but I forgot to buckle you in your bouncy like I usually do. I heard your sister ask you if you wanted to be covered up. This prompted me to turn and look at the two of you - good thing I did, too - because your sister was pulling the blanket you were lying on, which caused your little legs to start going over your head and were slowly sliding off the bouncy. I screamed "STOP!!!" at the top of my lungs. This got your sister's attention! She stopped right before you started to slide off. Whew. Mommy learned from this one! No more bouncy seat without you buckled in!!! Other than that little mishap, it's been pretty smooth sailing with you and your big sister. She's going to be a good one. You're very lucky to have her.

You had your first outing the other day. Aunt Jill came over and we went to eat at Country Burger and then a Target run. It felt good to get out of the house! However, I wasn't quite ready to brave it by myself. Thank goodness for your wonderful Aunt Jill. 

You are growing beautifully. You get more and more beautiful every single day. You have gorgeous skin and the most precious nose and mouth. You have very long arms and legs. Something I'm jealous of. I've always wanted long legs! You are just gorgeous all over! I'm so thankful for you. I'm grateful God chose me to be your mother. I'm honored - very honored. 

Unfortunately, almost every single picture of you that I've taken this last month was in the NICU, and I've already posted it. So like I said, this month's post will be a little different since you weren't at home.  Next month will be better. However, I do have a few pictures from the day we left the hospital I didn't post. What a wonderful, joyous day that was, and I will look back on that day fondly. 








We've made a couple of visits to Dr. Straughn since you've been home. You're gaining weight wonderfully and at the current time, weigh 8 lbs 10 oz! Take that, NICU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dr. S says you look great and other than some slight reflux, you're growing like you are supposed to and we'll just keep an eye on the other things. One thing I think about, is how they told me in the NICU you'd probably have to come home with a feeding tube. I laugh every time I think about that. You proved them wrong. You're eating like a champ. You are showing them and all of us what a strong and amazing inspiration you are and you are going to be. Thank you for being an inspiration to me, LC.  I love you so much!!!!!!

Mommy

No comments: