The Fresh Beat Band is AB's favorite show on Nick Jr. and it is rare that a Fresh Beat song isn't sung, played or heard in our house on a daily basis. Whether that be we are watching their music videos on tv or YouTube or simply dancing around and singing along to their songs that Daddy has downloaded - we got the beat going on in the Aldrich house. AB's second birthday party was a Fresh Beat party, and that was a blast to plan and it was so much fun to watch it all come together (click here to see her 2nd birthday post). We are a Fresh Beat family, so you can imagine my excitement when I saw...
...live in concert!!! They were coming to Dallas, and by golly, we were going! I was a little apprehensive at first because my due date was April 21st, and the concert was only two weeks later. I was hoping I would be able to go. Then, when my due date was moved up three weeks, I felt so much better about being fully recovered to go. Of course, little did I know that my sweet LC would spend as much time in the NICU as she did. Then, my concern became, would she be discharged on the day of the FBB concert? I even had a conversation about this with Dr. Khan. She laughed at me. Seriously. She laughed at me about this being a worry. I did, too...but I still was worried I wouldn't be able to go. Luckily, LC was discharged five days prior to the concert.
We decided to keep this a surprise from AB. We didn't think she's fully understand what it was we were going to, anyway. A two year old doesn't really understand what a concert is. We figured this would be the perfect opportunity to spend an evening with just her, Mommy and Daddy. This was a special "big sister surprise" - that's what I was calling it, anyway. I wondered if she'd get suspicious when I dressed her in her second birthday outfit, which was designed to look like Kiki (notice the awesome guitar that was designed to look just like Kiki's. Yes, my little girl was all dressed up and ready to go. See the resemblance?
My wonderful friend Amy kept LC for us while we were at the concert. I was grateful to have no worries about LC's care while we were gone. On the way there we would drop hints as to where we were going, but AB wasn't catching on. She just knew it was a big surprise that had to do with music. I couldn't wait to get there and see her face when she figured it out. I made sure to put on my matching tank top to go with her FBB guitar shirt. My sweet friend, Kristina, personalized and made these for me for AB's birthday. So thankful to get some more use out of them!
AB and her #1 guy ready to see the FBB. He may not admit it, but he was just as excited as I was to be there!!! This guy loves doing things for his girls.
The concert was at Verizon Theater in Grand Prairie. It was a little bit of a trek, but well-worth it. I thought for sure when we walked into the venue she would figure it out from all of the FBB memorabilia they like to throw in your face...but no, she still didn't know where she was and why she was there. That's ok, my plan all along was for the FBB to tell her when they came out on stage.
We grabbed some snacks and went in to find our seats, which were decent. They weren't as close as I would've liked, but heck, we were lucky to get tickets at all!!! This concert was selling out FAST. As we were sitting there waiting for them to come on stage, they were playing FBB songs. At one point AB heard it and even said, "Hey. That's a Fresh Beat song!"...then went back to eating her popcorn! Haha!! It STILL didn't dawn on her.
When they came on, her reaction wasn't quite what I had expected. She just stared at them in disbelief, I think. She didn't quite understand what was going on. I kept saying, "Annabelle! It's the Fresh Beat Band!!!! Look!! Aren't you excited?!?" She was just staring and taking it in. She didn't even crack a smile. WHAT?! What was wrong with this child?!? Finally, after about 15 minutes, she looked over at me and gave me the biggest smile and pointed at them and said, "Mommy. It's the Fresh Beat Band!" Umm...YES!!!! Hello, child!!! I cracked up. She got into the music and was clapping her sweet little hands to the music.
Oh, we had fun. We sang along to some of our favorite songs: Bananas, Friend Like You, Rock star, Loco Legs, and so much more!!! I'm so glad that we were able to take AB to the concert and have some time to spend with just her. Lord knows she needed it. After all, the last month had been spent being bussed between friends so we could spend our time at the hospital. This little girl deserved the moon! When it was over she looked at me and said, "But Mommy! I wanted them to meet us!!" It almost made me teary...she didn't want it to be over. She knew we were in the same place as them, so why didn't we meet them?? I told her that next time they were in town, we would come to their concert again. She was a little bit on a Fresh Beat Band high, I think. She loved it. Absolutely loved it.
All of that partying, singing and dancing was exhausting. It was no time before she cashed out on the way home. She was fast asleep dreaming of her favorite Fab 4...singing and dancing along with them.







1 comment:
Adorable!!!
Post a Comment