Monday, May 7, 2012

Happy Easter! {About a month late...}

Easter wasn't exactly what I had expected this year. I knew it was going to be a little hectic, anyway, having had a baby only five days prior. I didn't know it would mean I would still be going up to the hospital to see my baby on Easter. I planned on dressing up AB on Easter to send her off to church with her Daddy, while LC and I spent a quiet morning at home, seeing she was only going to be five days old. Nope. That's not how it went at all.

However, I do have to say that I was able to enjoy Easter with AB and Austin and go to church. I don't think anyone expected to see me/us on Easter Sunday, but I just couldn't manage to stay away from my wonderful church on a day that meant so much. 

I spent the first part of the Easter morning with my beautiful baby girl up at the hospital, but then rushed back home to do AB's Easter basket and then make it to church. With everything that went down this week, the Easter bunny actually forgot to make a visit to our house. Luckily for me, I have an amazing friend who helped the Easter bunny out this year (thank you, Amy!!!!). AB's Easter basket was stocked thanks to Amy. You can tell by the look on her face, it was a hit and everything was very much appreciated!!






After digging into our Easter basket, we headed to church for the service and for AB to partake in the Easter egg hunt for the kiddos. She was interested in the hunt for about five minutes...




...then it was play time! This was far more exciting to her than putting plastic eggs in a basket! 



WARNING: The following pictures are too cute to handle. You may find yourself giggling or squealing at the site of this cuteness. Please feel free to step away from the computer to compose yourself before reading on.

Seriously. I pulled AB's friend Atticus aside to get pictures of them together. Ohhhh Emmm Geee!! These two together are so precious, I can hardly stand it. I love how these pictures turned out. From Atticus' face as AB put her arm around him. As if that wasn't cute enough, during the group picture, they held each other's hands! AHH!! So sweet!







Even though LC wasn't home for Easter, we made up for it in her newborn pics. Krista came over to take pictures of LC and we put her in her PRECIOUS Easter bunny knitted outfit (Thank you, Cori Penrose!) in honor of being born an Easter baby. My heart can hardly take this preciousness. Love it!


It's easy to get caught up in the Easter bunny, baskets and candy during this holiday, but I was reminded of Christ's love for us even more so this year. I couldn't be with one of my girls this year the way I wanted. I did not make that decision, if I had it my way she would be at home with me instead of the hospital. Unfortunately, I had no choice in the matter. It made me think of the ultimate sacrifice that was made for us. God had the choice to sacrifice His one and only son. How in the world could He do that for me? I'm so undeserving. But I am aware of that love more so than ever. Thank you, God, for sending the most precious gift to die for me. 

1 comment:

Marci said...

AB is too cute...I just love her sweet smile! And OH MY GOSH, I love love love love that pic of LC in the bunny outfit. PRECIOUS.