Sunday, July 19, 2009

35 Weeks and Counting...

Since I'm entering into my last few weeks of pregnancy, which I'm surprisingly a little sad about, I thought these last five weeks or however much longer I have, I would document mainly for sentimental purposes for me. I plan on doing a weekly picture to see how much I grow in the last five weeks, seeing as that everyone says this is when the baby really starts putting on her weight.

(Last) Friday, July 17th I hit 35 weeks and wouldn't you know it, things started getting interesting. Saturday as I was preparing to go to a baby shower, which was an exciting one for me because it was a shower for sweet Chana and baby Stetson. Stetson will be Annabelle's third cousin and they are due a day a part. Before it was time to leave for the shower, I went to the bathroom (since you never know when a pregnant woman is going to have to go!) and I noticed very, very light spotting. Hmmm. I didn't freak out, mainly because Annabelle was particularly active on this morning. However, I KNEW something like this would happen because my doctor is out of town for the week - go figure. So, I placed a call into the doctor on-call, on a Saturday none-the-less, which I hate doing. She called me back and asked me to describe how I was feeling. I told her I actually hadn't been experiencing any contractions (which I experience them off and on all day, usually - mild ones). She said at this point in the game, the cervix gets very soft and can cause random spotting. And unless it was heavy bleeding and lots of contractions, then I'm in the clear. Whew! Good news there! I was off to Chana's shower, but made the poor decision to wear heels because I didn't have any other shoes that looked good with the pants I was wearing - BAD CHOICE. My feet, upper thighs, and lower back ached all day long!! Wow! I made a vow to myself that I will not wear heels until Annabelle has made her entrance into this world! I've now learned to sacrifice fashion for comfort. I thought I was going to die of aches and pains from wearing those stupid heels! It's flip flops and barefeet for me from here on out! I had just finished bragging to my dad that day about how much energy I had been having and I could shop and shop and decorate the nursery until bed time. Well, right after my dad dropped me off from the shower that he drove me to, I went to my room to go change clothes and all of a sudden felt like I needed a nap. I wasn't feeling nearly the energy that I thought I would have. However, my stubborn self still went to Michael's to buy some accessories for Annabelle's room and today was the last day they were 50% off. I did my shopping at Michael's and then even manage to muster up some energy to get some glass knobs that were on sale at Hobby Lobby - that was it, I needed a nap! I came home and took one. Then that night's sleep proved to be a bit very restless and somewhat painful one. Annabelle didn't want to be still. Not only that, but she mangaged to lodge a body part up under my rib for a good thirty minutes off and on. Then, I would switch positions and she would then proceed to stretch out and kick from one side of my belly to the other! It made for a very uncomfortable and painful sleeping situation. So, after some tossing and turning, whimpering, crying, and a few trips to the bathroom, around four o clock Annabelle settled down and I was able to get to sleep. All the while, my sweet hubby who sleeps like a rock, slept through the whole thing! But he is the one who let me sleep in until about noon the next day and when I woke up, brought me breakfast in bed - a huge cinammon roll and blueberry donut that he went to get for me when I woke up. So, I definitely woke up in a better mood!

Chana and I at her shower!


(Stetson and Annabelle's first picture together!)



Sunday, all's well until I started feeling the dreaded twinge of pain! No, not contractions - KIDNEY STONES! AHH!! It started Sunday night, and it never got excruciating or even unbearable, but definitely a little uncomfortable and irritating! I just drank some water - ok - A LOT of water in hopes that it would go away. Fortunately, it did stop and I had great, uninterrupted sleep Sunday night.

Monday, sweet Archana went up to my school with me to help me organize my classroom and get the little and tedious things done. Archana is fifteen and as her facebook status often reads, "Very bored!!". So, I put her to work. I started feeling quite a bit of tightening and pressure in my lower belly and just an all out exhausted feeling. So, I decided to come home and sit on my rear.

Tuesday morning about 4 am I started feeling a lot of strong cramping. After it woke me up and it became a little painful, I started timing them. They went on from about 4-6 in the morning, and I timed them anywhere from 5-7 to 5-10 minutes apart. Finally, I was able to go back to sleep and didn't think much of it. When I woke up about 8, I could still feel some cramping, but not nearly as intense. Still, all day Tuesday proved to be uncomfortable, as every time I got up and walked around I had contractions.

Wednesday, not much to report, but Thursday...ugh! I had a two day conference for the Design Team at school which started on Thursday. First of all, I had to get up early which I haven't HAD to do in about a month. So, I was exhausted, seeing I don't sleep well during the night. Then for some reason that evening, I went to Wal Mart with Austin to do grocery shopping! Why?!? I don't know. He's perfectly capable, but I thought I'd go. We were there about an hour, and by the time I left Wal Mart, my right foot was the size of my calf and and I could barely walk. I felt like I had been hit by a Mack truck! My swelling started that night and has gone down a bit since, but still very swollen.

Friday marked my 36th week. Friday morning was a hard one. I was exhausted from the night before and ached all over from the grocery shopping. I had one more day left of Design Team stuff, and after lunch my wonderful Principal told me to go home. I was wiped, couldn't walk very well, and was very swollen. Not to mention, I think my belly grew an inch from the day before (exaggerating a bit!). So, I went home, took a glorious nap and prepared for Austin's little birthday shin dig. The rest, to be continued for my 36th week post! It's just crazy to me how I hit the "one month" mark, and I almost immediately feel not human! Oh well, just comes along with the territory. I leave you with a picture of my belly at 35 weeks.

Stay tuned for week 36...

2 comments:

Dewawn Wiest said...

I love it! Do you feel ready, now? :o)

Can't wait to visit with you even if it means we wait until sweet Annabelle makes her arrival. :o)

Jewels said...

You are so adorable. I love hearing all the details. I didn't make it full term so it's interesting to hear all the contractions and stuff that happen at the end. Hang in there Missy!