Friday (the 24th), oh, Friday - what a day! First of all, I was exhausted and took the most glorious nap EVER, thanks to my wonderful boss who let me leave my conference early. If I hadn't had that nap, I might not have been able to survive the cleaning, prepping AND the birthday shin dig! Everything came together very nicely, and I was glad that Austin was able to hang out with his buddies, several whom he hasn't seen in a long time. It was loads of fun, and I managed to stay up for all of it! I do think I was on my feet too much, but it was worth it for my sweet hubby to get a birthday he deserved! I forgot to take pictures earlier in the evening, and I wish I had've. I didn't get pictures of everyone, but here are some that I snapped later that night!
Austin and Tony (college roomies)

My girls - Amanda, Angie, and Krista

Jill, Me, and Ashlea - love these two!

Me, Austin, and Tony (with Nick's finger in Austin's ear). Pretending Austin has the pregnant belly.

Krista, Me, and Angie
Saturday morning woke up not a happy camper. I was achey from about my thighs down. I had been standing and walking around so much the night before I just ached and ached. My feet were very swollen and it hurt like the devil to get out of bed. Austin literally had to roll me out of bed to get up. I big time took it easy on Saturday. The only running around I did was to do some birthday shopping for Austin with my dad. We had a successful venture to Best Buy and bought Austin and video camera that he had been asking for. A very important gadget to have around now that Annabelle will be in the picture.
Sunday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BABE! Sunday was Austin's official birthday. Something cool we realized - Sunday, July 26th, he turned 26 and there were 26 days until Annabelle's due date. Kinda neat, huh? We had a family get together for him at our house and I tried to stay off my feet as much as possible, but I was determined to make him my famous Paula Deen red velvet cupcakes. They turned out yummy! My feet were super swollen today, and I actually got a little freaked out. When Austin was opening his gifts, I was sitting with him on the couch and sitting so I was sort of on my foot. When I got up from the couch I had a HUGE indention in my foot where the fluid was pushed aside and it looked and felt very unusual! I heard that if you press in on your swollen feet or ankles and it doesn't come back out, then it isn't a good sign. Hmm....I will have to see what my doctor says about that. Anyway... Sunday was a fun day and Austin loved his present! Here are some pics of Austin opening his gifts...
A shirt from Grandmother!
A fertilizer spreader from my dad - it's a guy thing!
He knows what it is...
Score! He loves it!
Kemah and I on the couch after everyone left. I thought this was a sweet pic of her!

Monday was my doctor's appointment, and I already reported on that in my post Doctor's Visit No. 12. Honestly, Monday and Tuesday were very laid back, relaxed days. I had very little swelling and achiness. I was actually feeling pretty good on these days, with the exception of some mild contractions.
Wednesday I went up to school to plan for my long term sub. I was there literally ALL day, but stayed sitting for the majority of it and felt good when I left. Last time I went up to school, I had contractions for nearly 24 hours every time I stood up! I enjoyed being up there with half of my team and getting A TON finished!
Thursday and Friday were the same type deal - felt pretty good. My swelling has gone down a lot and I'm assuming that is because I've worked really hard on staying off my feet. So, towards the end of the week, I felt pretty good. I am feeling really large and like I just can't grow anymore. I know I will. Speaking of growth, here is my 36th week picture. Much different from last week???

Stay tuned for week 37...
2 comments:
Girl... I know what you mean about you don't think you can grow anymore... Lol. Oh you're on the home stretch now. Almost there!! Believe it or not you will miss this time in a few short weeks, although you will rejoice that your baby is here. Cherish these last few days. Just think in a few days/weeks you will be holding your sweet little girl.
You still look great! By the way when I was reading the part about the indention on your ankle I had such a vivid flashback. I used to press on my legs and "cankles" to watch it just sink in. Mine did come back out though and I do remember my doctor saying that was good so definitely good for you to make sure it's okay that your's is staying indented. Hang in there!
Post a Comment