Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Doctor's Visit No. 12

Well, this was by far one of the most exciting visits I've had. I'm now down to my weekly appointments, and this was the first appointment where she checked me to see if I am dilated or efaced (spelling???). This was also the first appointment that my mom went with me to, and it was fun having her there. We started off with the usual (and dreaded) weighing and blood pressure. I gained another 5 pounds - BUT I am pretty swollen and that was 5 pounds in two weeks. For the first time ever, my blood pressure was actually a little bit high. The nurse told me to go on ahead with my appointment and before I left she would take my bp again, and if it was still high, I couldn't leave until it went down. The doctor came in and checked me. Ok, can we say, "OUCH!!"? Could someone have warned me about that one???? Anyway, I was only about half a centimeter dilated and she couldn't quite tell if I was efaced yet or not. Then to my surprise, thanks to my mom's question about my moving placenta, the doctor ordered me a sonogram to make sure it had for sure moved (otherwise known as placenta previa). In the early stages of my pregnancy, my placenta was a little too close to my cervix, but it had moved back a couple of months ago and the doctor ordered a sonogram just to make sure. So, I was so thrilled to get a sonogram! Guess who I got to see?


Annabelle Noel!

Check out that chubby cheek!! I was a little sad Austin had to miss it, but glad my mom was there for it because this was her first time to see her granddaughter in action! They told us she was 6 lbs. 6 oz. and was head down, face down and had lots of hair! So, she should be gaining about a half a pound a week which puts her at about 8 pounds at the time of her due date! We shall see if Miss Annabelle will make it to her due date or decide to come early! Either one I'm good with, as long as she is healthy and safe. After my sonogram, they took my bp one more time and it was good. I was free to leave. I have another appointment next Monday. Pray that I've made a little bit of progress by then!

3 comments:

Jewels said...

Sonograms have come a long way - in just the last 4 years. haha! She is PRECIOUS!!! I love those chubby cheeks. Glad the appointment went well. Keep us updated!

Evan and Nicole said...

Yea!!! you are soo close! I can't wait to kiss those sweet cheeks!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! You know we are excited! Jonas can't wait to have a little girl to hold!! I am glad she has a lot of hair! She is going to need it for all those cute lil bows!! Let us know if you need any last minute help!! I have a 3 day weekend!