Wednesday, July 8, 2009

My Favorite Thing!

My best friend posted a couple days ago about "A few of her favorite things..." Well, I have to tell you about my newest favorite thing as of this week! An awesome mom from school who does murals, wall plaques and hangings all kinds of neat painting projects in kid's rooms, is going to do something for me for Annabelle's room. I knew I wanted something with Annabelle's name, but I didn't know what. She sent me a couple of different sites to get ideas from. So, she sent me this site http://www.rosenberryrooms.com/. She pointed out that they were a bit pricey, and to ignore the price because she was going to do this as a gift for me (again, she's too awesome!). Well, as I started exploring the site I found exactly what I wanted her to do in Annabelle's room - which, I'm not going to reveal that right now, I want to wait until it's all finished and then post it! I'm so excited! Well, I started exploring a little more to see what other kinds of fun things they had on their site! They have EVERYTHING!

Well, one of the things that I've been trying to find to go in A's room, are some one arm chandelier wall sconces. I want to put them on either side of her crib. I looked and looked in stores, online, everywhere and couldn't find them. Well, Rosenberry Rooms had them! Not only did they have them, but they had them on sale!!!!!!!!! Don't get me wrong, even on sale they were still a bit pricey, but I've had my heart set on them and I couldn't pass them up. I went online put them in my "shopping cart" and waited until I got the "ok" from the Hubby to buy them. Well, he finally gave me the "go ahead" a couple of days later. By the time I had gone back to purchase them, they went back to full price. AHH! I was so upset! I'm usually not a very thrifty person (need your help, Kendra)...nor do I try and bargain my way out of something, but I REALLY wanted these sconces. So, I sent them an email explaining that I put these sconces in my shopping cart, and when I went back to purchase them the price had changed - BUT - in my shopping cart it still had them down for the sale price. I asked if there was anything that could be done and if I could get my sconces on sale. A few days went by, and no response. Then on Monday, I got a really nice email telling me that they were sorry for the inconvenience and if I still wanted the sconces I could have them for the sale price!!!!!!! I emailed them back with my number and told them to call me when they could to purchase the order, since it needed to be done manually to get the sale price. The sales rep. I talked to was very nice and understanding and gave me my sconces for the sale price! She told me that they really want to work with their customers and if I ever have another problem to call, because they will give discounts! Now, I know the site is pricey, but to me, that's how you run a business - working with your customers and offering discounts when necessary. I'm so a customer for life! Just a couple of things I noticed about them, though: A) You get what you pay for - part of the reason the sconces were so expensive is because they are handmade by a vendor when the order is purchased. Most of their items are like that. It isn't like they have a bunch in their warehouse that they go and grab from the back real quick. They told me on the phone since it is hand-crafted it will take a good 3-4 weeks for it to get to me. The quality is something I'd spend the extra dollar on. B) There are bargains on the site - they always have a "SALE" link you click on with dozens and dozens of things that are on sale for the month, week or whatever. C) Even not on sale there are great finds - as many of you know, our nephew is probably coming to live with us and we may even get full custody. I have to start thinking about getting a room ready for him. Today, I found some really stinkin' cute sports quilts for around $100, and they're great quality!

Now that I've gone on and on...here are a few of my Rosenberry Rooms favorite things....

* Of course, my wall sconce!



* Love this hanging wall frame! Very girly!


* Check this out! This is a wall crown! You put it over a child's bed or crib and drape fabric from it! Very vintage, very girly, and VERY expensive. This would be one of the things that isn't a bargain. I can dream though!

*This is the bedding I found for Joey today. He's just discovering sports and I love this quilt and sham! So many cute decorating opps with this bedding. It's vintage sporty!


* We're not sure which sport he's going to take to. He's already done soccer, but if God willing and we get custody, then we're hoping to put him in T-ball in the fall. But I love these vintage wall plaques that are personalized with the child's name.


Happy shopping!

2 comments:

Kendra @ Domestic Princess in Training said...

Oh I love the sconces! Can’t wait to see pictures of them in the nursery. That’s great that they were willing to work with you. I always say it never hurts to ask, all they can do is say no. I would love it help if you ever need it. I had a blast helping Jennifer in her nursery. We went shopping and she let me pick things out but she put it all together…..she did a wonderful job. If you like the idea of the crown above the bed but not the price you can recreate. I’ve seen crowns like this on at Hobby Lobby. You can find one you like that’s in your budget (spray paint it if needed). If you need some fabric to drape from it Joann’s usually has great prices on fabric and a coupon in the Sunday paper.

Jewels said...

I love all of those things!!! The sconces are so awesome! Thanks for sharing the website. Customer service is definitely a must for me to give repeat business as well. I had no idea you were a stepmom. How not with it do I feel? How old is Joey?