Wednesday, April 7, 2010

AB's First Easter

Even though she was only seven months old for her first Easter, the Easter bunny still made a stop at the Aldrich household!

AB's basket was full of her favorite things: strawberry yogurt melts, six month MAM pacies, baby food bananas and soft building blocks. That Easter bunny sure did a good job! We waited until after church to come home and do her Easter basket. She's obviously too little to understand Easter and the true meaning, egg hunts and Easter baskets, but in the future I want her Easter basket to have things in it that reflect the true meaning and what Jesus did for her. I'm still brainstorming ideas, I've got a couple of years before I get started on that. Right after church is her feeding time and nap time, so she wasn't too enthused, nor patient while we gave her the basket. I think she was just trying to figure out what all of it was about!


Leave it up to my child to be interested in the Easter grass than the actual contents in the basket!
Trying to sample her Daddy's favorite Easter candy, Cadbury eggs.


She's reaching a point - time to eat!!


Oh, wait! What's this? Strawberry yogurt melts??



Finally! What's she's really wanted the whole time!

After we did her Easter basket, we headed over to my Grandmother's for Easter dinner with family. We cracked up at AB in her dress and how it poofed out when we put her in the bouncy.



We were so excited to see Cousin Steston. These two are precious together. This is AB in her post Easter outfit that Chana got for her. I thought I'd spare her the bow and just let her play and romp around.





Mommy and AB

Our unofficial Easter picture. We had our Easter pictures taken at the Arboretum the week before, and are still waiting to see them...

World's best Daddy and Husband!

Grandpa and AB - isn't the resemblance crazy???

Grammy, Grandpa and AB.

What a special Easter this was. Just like with Christmas, I felt the true meaning of Easter more than I ever have. It's crazy the sacrifice that was made for me so that I could go to Heaven and be with our Father who truly loves us. I can only now really understand how much God loved his Son and can't imagine what it felt like to know He was going to die for all of us. Being a parent is the most rewarding and unconditional love I've ever felt. Thank you, Jesus, for dying for us.
Happy Easter!

1 comment:

Marci said...

What a great post! I love the series of pics opening her easter basket - especially the crying one! And I LOVE the 2nd pic of her smiling in her bouncy seat with her dress. She looked PRECIOUS!!!!