Saturday, September 22, 2012

Annabelle-isms: January-September 2012

I often get "requests" to post the funny things AB says from time to time. So, my Facebook status usually consists of something hilarious she's said that day...sometimes twice that day! Since my status updates disappear into cyber space, and I probably won't ever try to retrieve them, I thought a good way to document and remember the funny things she's said, I'll copy and paste into a blog post. So, here's a few from the last few months or so.

Me: "Annabelle, we're going to have to leave in a bit to go to the doctor."
Annabelle: "What? I have an appoint-tent?"
Me: "Yes. We need to see why you are sick."
Annabelle: "But Mommy! I don't want to go to the doctor! I want to go....to....to church!" 
Me: "Well as happy as that makes Mommy, I'm sorry to inform you it isn't Sunday, and you still have to go to your "appoint-tent."

Me: "Ok, Annabelle. I need you to come lie down and get ready for bed."
AB: "Ok, Mommy!! I'll make good choices!!"
Do you think her having a Kindergarten teacher for a mother has had any impact on her at all?


An AB quote (talking to LC): "Aww, Landree. Do you like everything about everything you're doing?" I'm still trying to figure this question out...

I've been informed by my 3 year old that I'm grouchy and "being frustrated" tonight. *sigh* The sad thing is...she's right! Yet, what is she doing? Loving on me and giving me kisses. I'm thankful for her sweet and forgiving nature.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love that AB is a Daddy's girl. It's beyond sweet -BUT- this little alliance she has formed is getting old!! I can't do things nearly as good as Daddy, and my new favorite, "I'm sorry Mommy, but you're just not as strong as Daddy and me." Sheesh! I'm changing my name to "Chopped Liver." — with Austin Aldrich.

I told AB we would have a Mommy and AB afternoon. I took her with me to get some work clothes for me, but promised her Yogurtville when we finished. On our way to Yogurtville she announced, "I like Yogurtville the best because it is NOT shopping!" Hmm...I'm determined to turn her into a shop-a-holic, yet!

"Let's play catch, Lamp. Aww...you look a little bit tired, Lamp. Don't worry, Lamp, you can lay down and sleep!" All things I'm hearing from AB while playing in the playroom. I'm thinking, why is she playing with a lamp?? I turn around and see she is playing with her toy LAMB!!!

Austin and I have never laughed so hard...we were in our room and AB was in the living room. I call to her from our room to check on her. She comes running in...Me: What are you doing? AB: I'm just in here playing with my sticker book...(pause)...but thanks for asking. As she proceeds to run off, leaving us in stitches!!!

1 comment:

Marci said...

LOVE that age...so cute!