Monday, September 3, 2012

Five Months Old!

Happy Five Months Old, Landree Claire!
 
 
What an absolute joy you are! I don't think Mommy, Daddy and Big Sister have ever laughed or smiled so much. You light up our lives. 
 
 
However, there are those rare occasions where you don't feel like smiling. Those times can be a bit....uh....challenging.
 

BUT it's never too long until you're back to your old self, again! I swear, I didn't think one smile could completely change my life. Yours does, for sure!

 
 You are so happy! Your personality really starting shining through last month, but it's only gotten more fun this month. There is rarely a time when Daddy, Mommy or Sister is talking to you that you don't talk back at us and give us that huge gummy grin. Oh, how we love that!


This month brought a lot of changes for you and our family LC. First off, you had a swallow study to figure out why you were making so many congested noises. Turns out, you were aspirating every liquid you took in. Talk about breaking a Mommy's heart. That's why they had to stick this tube down your nose, and this is how you eat now. You're a pretty good sport about it, though. You were fussy the first week and a half after you had it, but after that, you adjusted and went back to our old Landree. Good thing, too! I missed my happy, smiley girl. You were a little miserable there for a while. I believe it was just because you weren't getting your bottle. I'm so sad about that. I wish I could explain to you why Mommy just stopped giving you a bottle. You would cry mainly when you saw me. Daddy thinks it's because you know Mommy is the one who mainly fed you, so you were pleading to get that bottle. I could cry when I think about how it must make you feel. But, in true Landree fashion, you adjusted and went with the flow. Bless your heart, you've had to do that a bit in your last five months of life. But you are, so go with the flow!


Another adjustment, for you and me mainly, was Mommy went back to work. I was off with you and your sister for four whole months! That was a much longer time than when Annabelle was born. I had to take her back at six weeks. So, the four months we had together was so much fun and we got very used to each other. I'm pretty sure Mommy is the one who had the bigger adjustment, not you. Ms. Andrea is amazing - she's taken you and your sister in without even a second thought. That's huge seeing as that you aren't eating out of a bottle anymore. So, Mommy is very grateful for her. I'm back at work, and loving the new place God has placed me...but I'm missing you very much. I spent a lot of my day kissing those sweet cheeks of yours. I mean, can you blame me?????


God has blessed us with amazing friends and family that love you. Absolutely love you. I want you to know this, LC. I want you to know how many people out there are praying for you. They aren't just saying they're praying for you...but they really, really are. You have four sets of parents. One of those sets, being your real parents. The other three sets are Jason and Kate, Jason and Chelsea and beloved Jill and Jonas. Really. I'm pretty sure you'll grow up thinking that they are just like Mommy and Daddy. They treat you as if you are their own (same with your sister). You are so blessed, LC. There aren't a whole lot of people out there like them. And they love YOU!

You've also got your pick of beaus coming up. One of which I have already approved. Mr. Nolan Felderhoff is a preferred choice of Mommy and Daddy. We love Nolan's Mommy and Daddy, too. It looks like you guys have already hit it off!


Oh, how I could just eat you up! I love your sweet little face! It's almost too much for Mommy to take! You're absolutely precious, inside and out. I can already tell, even at five months old. You're amazing. Absolutely amazing.

Thank you for blessing us, LC. Thank you for making our lives that much better. We love everything about you. Every. Little. Thing. Your smile takes my breath away, and I prayed for that. So did a few others. Ooooh, you're just so sweet!


The future is a little uncertain in many ways. All I can do is pray about that. I know that God has you wrapped up in His hands and He has a plan picked out just for you. I'm not going to lie, I struggle with the uncertainties. I like to have everything figured out. I like to be in control. I'm sure God is laughing at this right now. I have no control. That's why I try and give it to him. One way, though, the future is NOT uncertain is that God is going to use you. He's going to use you in a great way. A way that will bring glory to His name. Oh, how I can't wait to see what He has in store. In the meantime, you just go on ahead and be you. You just go on ahead and continue to touch people's lives. You've already impacted so many....and you're only five months old!

You're amazing, my sweet angel. I love you. And I love who you are.


Love,

Mommy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love you sweet girl! So so much!

Audrah said...

I cannot get enough of her sweet smile!! Seriously the most adorable thing ever!! Love her!

Random Thoughts by Jewels said...

She is so incredibly beautiful! Don't take Ethan out of the running to steal her heart. ;)

Marci said...

Awww, so precious. Love that sweet smile!