Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Landree's Stay in the NICU: Day 18

April 24, 2012

Happy three weeks to my sweet girl! Three weeks has flown by, and not in the way that I want it to, either. If I had it my way, the last three weeks would consist of being at home with your Mommy, Daddy and big sister, living a life full of chaos and sleep deprivation. Sounds wonderful to me. Instead, we've spent the last two and a half out of those three weeks driving back and forth to the hospital 2-3 times a day, and holding you in a cold hospital room while other people care for you. Don't get me wrong, LC, you're completely worth it. I would drive to the moon and back just to spend time holding you...I'd just prefer to love on you at home.

You have been doing amazingly well with your feedings, lately. Unfortunately today wasn't as successful; but that's ok. You've had a busy week working really hard. You're allowed a day to rest. That's just it, too. If you were at home, would we be this up in arms if you didn't finish the last 5-10 ml of your bottle?? No. Probably not. Everything is magnified because you are still at the hospital. I can't wait for you to get out of there! 

However, tonight when  I got there for your 9 pm you were fussing and carrying on so! I thought something else was wrong with you, but no, you were just hungry. Good girl! Tell them that you are completely aware that you need to eat and you're ready to do it! I quickly took your temp, changed your diaper and fixed your bottle. This was you, right before you ate. Not too happy about waiting on me to give it to you...


Annnnnd.....this was you after your bottle.


What a difference! You were ready for that bottle, and you took the whole 65 ml in 15 minutes. Good girl, LC! Mommy was very proud of you! Now, let's just do that for every feedings and prove to these doctors you are ready to come home to your family. That's what we want so bad. I love you so much, sweet girl. You're proving to be a fighter, already. You don't let anything or anyone tell you how you're going to be or what you're going to do. You show us! You are an inspiration, and I love you so much!

1 comment:

Lindsey M. said...

Oh my gosh, I just love her little face! In that bottom picture, it just looks like she is thinking "you better not keep me waiting next time!" or something along those lines. She is definitely a little fighter, and it is so wonderful to see how far she has come. Keep it up, Landree! I want to meet you soon!