Even though our lives have been turned upside down a bit over the last few weeks, I have tried as hard as I can to make time to do fun things for my sweet first born. She's really been a trooper, and really, I think this time is just one big play date for her. So many wonderful friends have reached out and volunteered to watch her and have her come over and play. Friends have dropped off presents for her and I love watching her face light up. Thank you to everyone who has reached out.
We've made a couple of trips to the park in between hospital visits. I don't know if it's because I have a newborn, but AB seems to have grown a ton! She looks so big to me! I love watching her play. She's so happy and full of enthusiasm. She's getting so big...just look at her climb!!
Another incredible blessing that God has blessed us with is my good friends at FBCG, Amy and Lindsey, have offered to let me bring AB to MDO for a short time, while Landree is in the NICU. I'm so blessed by this. Not only does it help me, but AB loves, loves, loves "church school" as she calls it. She absolutely loves playing with her friends and on the playground. I was able to stick around the other morning while the firemen came to visit. I'm so glad I did (and no, not because there were hot firemen around), but because I was able to capture AB seeing a firemen and fire truck up close for the first time. You can see by her expression, she wasn't as crazy about the firemen....especially once they got all geared up.
However, she loved being outside by the big firetruck. She wouldn't go inside...but she would pose in front of it. She wanted Lindsey to go with her, though.
Annabelle and her sweet friend, Avery. It's so neat because Avery's mommy was my sweet friend growing up at this church. I love seeing our girls together. They're sweet friends.
Last Monday was western day. AB looked so cute in her little cowgirl boots!
So, AB has had some fun out of this crazy time! I can tell it's starting to get to her a little bit. She's starting to make reference to me leaving to go to the hospital so much, and having frequent accidents. When we ask her about it she says, "Well Landree goes poo-poo in her diaper!" Hmm....I see a correlation here.
One last picture, the other day I noticed a white, wiry hair coming out of my head! EEEK!! Already the last three weeks has aged me. Oh, well. I love my girls. They're worth it. I'm sure this isn't the first grey hair they're going to give me, huh?








No comments:
Post a Comment