Today was a bittersweet day. It was wonderful knowing that tomorrow, I will be bringing another life into this world, a sister for Annabelle, but so hard knowing that it was our last day as a family of three. Not to say at all I'm upset our family would be growing - we tried and tried for this baby so bad! We are already in love with her, but how strange it will be to go from one to two kiddos. So, we made today all about AB and whatever she wanted to do. Well...all she wanted to do was go spend the night at Emme's house. Which is totally fine, but that's what she's going to do anyway when I go in the hospital. So, we had to sort of plan out her day for her.
We started off at the park. This has become her favorite thing to do. She loves being outside and playing on the playground. I made sure I captured it today.
Talk about love. How I love this guy and his sweet relationship with Annabelle. It makes my heart want to burst just thinking about how he is going to be with two of them! He is going to love, love, love his girls.
I felt bad because our day was interrupted by one last sonogram/doctor's appointment in the middle of the day. So, after the park we went to Chick-fil-A and had a nice lunch and AB got to play some more. Oh, and yes, my child was that kid in CFA today that had the meltdown when it was time to leave. Welcome to the twos, right? After the meltdown, we headed to my doctor's appointment and saw Miss Landree Claire one more time before we actually get to meet her. Today's appointment was refreshing as Dr. McClintock said she liked what she saw on the sono today. Her brain is starting to look more "normal" than it has in a long time. Praise God! That eased our anxieties a little bit for tomorrow. After the appointment, we went to do a little birthday shopping for our favorite Aunt Jill, whose birthday is the day after Landree's. Had my FAVORITE ice cream at Pacuigo, and then headed home for a nap.
When we got home, Courtney came by to help me do some last minute things in Landree's room. She snapped these pictures of our little Family of three before she left.
I'm nervous about being a mom of two, but oh so blessed. I can't complain. I love being a mom and when you're married to the world's best dad, it makes it all that much better.
No comments:
Post a Comment