Thursday, April 26, 2012

Landree's Stay in the NICU: Day 20

April 26, 2012

I got up to the hospital today, to pull another all day for the four feedings. I decided to skip out on her 6pm and head out to get AB. She's been voicing more and more her thoughts about me going up to the hospital, and she's starting to regress in potty training. She's making a lot of reference to LC when she has accidents and just not wanting to do things in general. I know it's completely normal, but I at least thought the regression wouldn't start until LC was home! So, I went to go get her and hang out with her for the evening.

LC did a great job today, as well. She took the full amount in her bottle every time. I was so proud of her. A couple of times, she even took more than her goal of 70 ml. Dr. Khan came by today to talk to me. She went on ahead and ordered that LC take every feeding from the bottle. This was great news! Austin and I feel that sometimes the nurses get busy (or lazy) and just gavage her instead of giving her the bottle because it's easier. We realize she isn't the only baby that they are responsible for, but we also realize it's easier just to tube feed her if they can. So, now that she has orders to be bottle fed every time, I feel like we are going to get some where. I hope that some where is home!

Because I left early, I came back up for the 9pm feeding. Another change made today was I started reintroducing breast milk. I'm hoping that now that she's awake and alert and her spitting is under control, we can do at least every other feeding breast milk. I don't want to take her off the formula completely, because I feel that has really helped her spitting up. When I came back at 9pm, it was an all breast milk feeding. It made me feel good...like all that hard work is paying off again. I left today feeling very encouraged by her progress...but still wishing the doctors would just observe her for another day or two...and let the girl come home. 

I snapped some precious pictures of her today. She loves sleeping with her hands up by her face...like a little angel. My little angel.





3 comments:

Audrah said...

I soooo love this sweet face! Praying that she busts outta jail VERY SOON so that I can give her a snuggle or fifteen! Love you guys very much!Your strength is inspirational.

Lindsey M. said...

Get some rest in, girl! I think that "Hurricane Landree" may be hitting your house soon! Praying for it!

Theresa said...

She's simply the most beautiful baby. Keep fighting Miss LC, your one strong little girl.
Praying for you all.