April 25, 2012
Today was a long day. A very long day. I dropped AB off at Andrea's early and then headed to the hospital to be there for all of her bottle feedings at 9am, 12 noon, 3pm and 6pm. I swear sitting at that hospital for hours is more exhausting than running around all day. It's worth it, though. LC's nurse for the last few days (whom I really liked and appreciated) made the observation that she takes her bottles from me better than she does anyone else. I was thinking this myself, but I'm her mom and maybe my view is a bit skewed. Anyway, she felt that if I came up there for the whole day, that the doctors would note this and her chances of going home would be sooner. I usually come up to the hospital, stay for at least two feedings and then get home to AB. So, today I came up early, stayed for all of them, had Austin pick AB up and then head home. For the first time I opted out of coming to the 9pm feeding. So, Daddy did that one on his own. I was worn out.
It was a successful day, though. LC took every feeding from me and met her goal every time! I was so proud!!! I feel that she's really getting the hang of it and ready to come home. Please, baby girl. Please, please keep it up and show those old doctors you mean business.
They bumped her goal up to 70 ml, and she needs to taking this amount at least, every feeding. She's up to about 6 bottles a day as opposed to 4. The Neo I talked to that day suggested I come in for an overnight stay to see if she takes all her bottles from me four 24 hours straight. I'm trying not to find this insulting. I want to holler out, "This ain't my first rodeo, alright!?!?" Clearly, they're just doing they're job and they have Landree's best interest at heart here. It's just that after doing this once already, and just being her mom, I think I know her best.
I realize that not every mom that comes through the NICU is dedicated and serious about their babies best interest...I'm pretty sure there's at least one of those cases now. There's a baby down the hall that screams almost the entire time I'm there every time. He/she just cries and cries and cries and cries. From what the nurses were saying, without saying it, I believe he/she is a drug baby. He/she is absolutely inconsolable and nothing can soothe him/her. This breaks my heart in a million pieces. I just don't understand someone who can abuse their body when another life is growing inside them. So...when the doctors take the "extra cautious" approach, I have to keep these things in mind.
Until the day comes we get to bring our sweet LC home, I'm just relying on God's plan and timing. His peace is my comfort and I'm keeping my eyes set on Him and His plan at all times. Thank you, God, for your perfect plan, and your perfect gift to me. I cherish her so much.


No comments:
Post a Comment